Recently, I revisited one of my favourite quick reads, "The Learning Leader" by Douglas Reeves (I can't lie, I read books more than once, and with this particular book, I have read it four or five times). In one part of the book, Reeves underscores the importance of a leader reflecting on their practice, even in the busiest of times. He talks about leaders considering the following questions each day:
- What did you learn today?
- Whom did you nurture today?
- What difficult issue did you confront today?
- What is your most important challenge right now?
- What did you do today to make progress on your most important challenge?
Are you taking time to reflect, even while you are on the run?